Welcome to Counseling
In response to the challenges posed by COVID-19 and to ensure the safety of students and employees at Cerritos College, the Counseling Office will be closed to the public beginning Tuesday, March 17, 2020. Counseling services will continue to be offered virtually.
For quick questions about course and degree offerings, course prerequisite information and general certificate, degree, and transfer requirements:
Select Submit a Question to leave a message for a Counselor
OR select Virtual Counseling Drop-In for assistance from an available Counselor
Virtual Counseling Appointment can be scheduled to selecting a major, developing an education plan, dropping classes, or academic or progress probation.
For general questions:
please contact us at email@example.com or call (562) 467-5231
The Counseling Office is committed to your continued success and we look forward to serving you online. We thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.
SPRING 2021 ENROLLMENT DATES
- Enrollment for Spring 2021 begins on Monday, October 19th. Please check your MyCerritos account for your enrollment date and time.
- Open Enrollment begins on Wednesday, November 18th
- Spring 2021 begins on Monday, January 11th
The Transfer Center is here to assist you on your journey to the four-year college/university!
- From your very first semester there are many workshops for you to attend.
- We are the point place for University Representatives to distribute information and provide campus appointments to best inform your application list.
- Knowing where you want to apply and in which majors is key to creating the most streamlined plan. Researching your transfer institution will be your top priority and we are here to help!
- Transfer Center also provide transfer counseling with specialties in Associate Degree for Transfer, Transfer Admissions Guarantees and private/out-of-state colleges and universities, etc.
We are also here to guide you through the application process. It can seem overwhelming with the many steps between submitting your application and receiving a decision but we can help. With application workshops and personal counseling you can successfully complete the process!
Due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) epidemic, The Transfer Center's physical office is closed through Fall 2020 semester; however, we are still available to help you with your transfer process. For assistance with:
General transfer questions/university application process: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Counseling Department Mission Statement:
Our mission in the Counseling Department is to honor and empower students. We believe that every student matters and that each has great value and potential. Our work is to advocate and build equitable avenues for belonging, discovery, growth and accomplishment of educational and career goals. By guiding and supporting students as they navigate their educational journeys, we validate their capacity and power for building their future.