Transfer Student

Transfer students in classroom

You are a transfer student if you have attended another college, but never attended Cerritos College.


  • Receive one-on-one assistance in our Welcome Center. We are located in the Administration Building (our office is marked "W" on Campus Map)
  • Call the Welcome Center at (562) 860-2451, ext. 2130. 
  • Email to 

Trouble receiving your Cerritos COllege ID number?

Please complete the Admission Application Issue formto report your issue.

  • Complete the admission's application by applying online.
    • How to Apply to Cerritos College - Tutorial Video
    • Complete identity verification using the platform. This new feature allows for applicants to verify their identity by uploading a picture of their driver’s license, ID or passport and answering additional questions to verify identity. There is also an option to speak to a live agent to finalize the verification process.  Learn more about the process.
    • You will receive your Cerritos College student ID number (7 digits) by email within 1-2 business days. If you did not receive it within 1-2 business days - click on the Admission Application Issue form above to report the issue.
    • We recommend having official high school/college transcripts sent directly to Cerritos College Admissions &Records via email to
    • Please visit Admissions Criteria to check your eligibility for admission. For our undocumented community, you may attend Cerritos College and pay in-state tuition if you qualify for AB-540

Please contact Admissions & Records if you have any questions or are in need of assistance (562) 860-2541 ext 2211 or 

Contact Financial Aid for more information at (562) 860-2451 ext. 2397 or 

  • Once you have completed your application for admission, you need to schedule an appointment with a counselor to develop an educational plan and determine the appropriate course(s) selection for your program of study.
  • Follow these directions to access your educational plan.
  • If you have attended another college or university and are interested in enrolling in courses that have a pre-requisites (example: chemistry, English, or math) please submit a Requisite Clearance form and a copy of your transcripts to Admissions, Records & Services at

Recommendation: After getting settled into your first semester, meet with a counselor every semester. Counselors are available to assist you with your educational planning year-round. Visit the Counseling Department to learn how to schedule an appointment with a counselor.

Contact the Counseling for more information at (562) 467-5231 or   

Enrollment appointment: 
To view your registration appointment time, log into MyCerritos, Click on the "Student Center" link, and your appointment will be listed on the right hand column.

Searching the Schedule of Classes:
Class listings are made available via Schedule Plus.  This guide will assist you with step-by-step instructions to begin your search.

Enrolling in Classes:
You may enroll for classes once your appointment date and time becomes active.  To enroll, follow these simple steps:

  1. Go to MyCerritos
  2. Enter your User ID (7-digit student ID number) and Password (8-digit date of birth)
  3. Select "Enrollment"
  4. Select Course Enrollment
  5. Select Term (ex: Fall 2024)
  6. Verify Name and Select "Add Classes"
  7. Enter Class Number that you’ve obtained from Schedule Plus and select "Submit"
  8. If your class is closed you may wish to be added to a wait list, if available. Follow the directions to add a Wait List.
  9. "Success" will appear next to the class you added or wait listed.

Once enrolled for classes, students are required to pay their tuition and student fees.

Please contact Admissions & Records if you have any questions or are in need of assistance (562) 860-2541 ext 2211 or 

Congratulations! Welcome to Cerritos College!

If you need accommodations with any of these activities due to a disability, please visit Student Accessibility Services.