First-Time College Student
You are a first-time college student if this is your first time attending any college.
Through the Early Success Program, first-time college students can receive fall PRIORITY ENROLLMENT if the Admission, Self-Report Tool, and the Falcon Edge Orientation steps are completed by May 5, 2021.
- Call (562) 860-2451, Ext. 2130, Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To schedule a Zoom appointment, please contact School Relations.
NEW! First-time College Student step-by-step video tutorial!
STEP 1: ADMISSION AND FINANCIAL AID
- Complete the admission's application by applying online (proof of residence may be required).
- We recommend having official high school transcripts sent directly to Cerritos College Admissions and Records or submit them during the Falcon Edge Orientation (Step 3).
- Application Tutorial Video!
- Please visit Admissions Criteria to check your eligibility for admission. For our undocumented community, you may attend Cerritos College and pay in-state tuition if you qualify for AB-540.
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Access the 4 Easy Steps to Cash to apply. If you are not a citizen and qualify for AB 540 status, submit a Dream Act Application. Apply by March 2 to be considered for Cal Grant B & C.
STEP 2: SELF-REPORT TOOL
- The SRT is now accessible from the MyCerritos portal and here are the instructions. You can complete this online without the need to schedule an appointment or come to the campus.
- The Self-Report Tool (SRT) provides students with the opportunity to place into English, reading, math or ESL (English as a Second Language) courses based on their United States high school records. There are two SRTs: one for English/reading/ESL and one for math.
- Please visit the Assessment Center for more information.
STEP 3: ORIENTATION
New students are required to complete Orientation before enrollment.
- To sign up for a Falcon Edge Orientation, you must have a current Cerritos College Student ID number. Be prepared to stay the entire length of the 2 ½ hour presentation, in addition to a 30-minute one-on-one counseling appointment.
- Upcoming Zoom Falcon Edge Orientations
- You can sign up online or contact the Counseling Department at 626-869-9419 or 714-494-9247 to reserve your spot.
STEP 4: ENROLLMENT AND COUNSELING
- After receiving your enrollment appointment through MyCerritos, you may enroll online at MyCerritos on or after your scheduled time.
- Be sure to pay all fees. Students who receive financial aid must follow the same fee schedule when paying lab fees, Cerritos College Student Activities (CCSA) fee, and the Health fee. Failure to pay your fees on time will result in being dropped and/or waitlisted.
After getting settled into your first semester, meet with a counselor every semester. Counselors are available to assist you with your educational planning year-round. Visit the Counseling Department to learn how to schedule an appointment with a counselor.
That's all there is to it. Congratulations!
Welcome to Cerritos College!
If you need accommodations with any of these activities due to a disability, please visit Student Accessibility Services (formerly Disabled Students Programs and Services—DSPS).