2021 Annual Health Benefits Open Enrollment Period
September 20, 2021 – October 15, 2021
The District currently provides dental benefits to employees and their eligible dependent(s). For 2022, the District will pay 100% of the cost of dental insurance premiums for full-time employees and eligible dependent(s). Dependent children are eligible to age 26.
There are two dental plans in which to choose from, Delta Dental PPO and DeltaCare
Coverage varies for both plans:
Delta Dental PPO covers 100% up to plan maximums annually, when visiting a Delta Dental PPO dentist.
DeltaCare USA (HMO) requires that you select a dental office from a list of participating dentists/dental offices. Services can only be provided by the dentist/dental office you select.
Delta Dental PPO Website
Annual Benefit Maximum: $2,500
- Preventive, Diagnostic, and Restorative Services: 100% coverage
- Fillings and posterior composities: 100%
- Crowns, Jackets, and Cast Restorations: 100% coverage
- Prosthodontics: 70%
- Dental Services in Case of an Accident: 100% coverage with a $1,000 separate annual maximum
- Orthodontia: Adults and dependent children; 50% coverage - $1,000 lifetime maximum.
DeltaCare USA HMO Website
Requires you to select a dental office from their list of network offices. Services can only be provided by the office you have selected.
- Annual Benefit Maximum: There is no benefit maximum limit.
- Co-payment for Basic Exam, X-ray, Preventive, Diagnostic, and Restorative Services: 100% Coverage. Enrollee pays nothing.
- Crowns, Jackets, and Cast Restorations: 100% Coverage. Enrollee pays nothing for basic dental procedures. See summary of benefits. There is a cost for high noble metal crowns.
- Prosthodontics: 100% Coverage. Enrollee pays nothing for basic dental procedures. See summary of benefits. There is a cost for dentures.
- Dental Services in Case of an Accident: 100% Coverage of the contract dentist filed fees up to a maximum of $1,600 in a 12 month period.
$350 start-up fee;
$1,300 fee for children to age 19.
$1,600 fee for adults ages 19 and older.
To request an enrollment form or if you have any questions please contact Donna Sheibe in the Human Resource Department at email@example.com or (562) 860-2451 Ext. 2280