Applying Inside the U.S. (Degree or Certificate)
Transfer Student (Inside the U.S.): An F-1 visa international student currently in the United States AND attending another U.S. college, university, language or high school.
ADMISSION APPLICATION DATES
|SEMESTER||EARLY ENROLLMENT DEADLINES||SEMESTER BEGINS||SEMESTER ENDS|
|Fall||March 1 - July 1||Mid-August||Mid-December|
|Spring||August 1 - November 1||Early-January||Mid-May|
|Summer||January 1 - April 1||Mid-May||Mid-August|
F-1 Admissions Requirements for International Students WITHIN the United States
Admissions Package (Must contain ALL of the following)
For the quickest response about your application, all documents must be submitted as a completed admissions package and received by the stated deadline above.
Please allow up to 2 weeks for processing. Admissions notification will be mailed and emailed. Inquiries about status of an application will only be released to the applicant and/or the authorized third party.
Note: We encourage you to apply early for best available enrollment date and course selection as classes fill up quickly.
Important: Please be aware that all documents submitted become property of Cerritos College, and will not be returned.
1. Completed International Student Admission Application
2. $50.00 US dollar (non-refundable) Application fee can be paid by credit card after all the required documents have been submitted (Instructions will be emailed to you).
3. Statement of Financial Support: The statement must be completed by the applicant's financial sponsor. The financial sponsor can be the applicant (self-sponsorship), family member or government agency who is financially responsible for the applicant's college expenses including but not limited to tuition, books, housing, health insurance, and other associated fees. Please include an additional $3,000.00 per dependent (If applicable). You can complete the Statement of Financial Support OR Form I-134 Affidavit of Support if the sponsor is a U.S. Permanent Resident or U.S. Citizen.
4. Bank Certification (The bank certification must meet the following criteria):
- Must be on bank letterhead OR completed on Bank Certification Form with original signatures.
- Clearly show account holder's name, type of account, bank name, branch, and account balance in US dollars AND be translated in English.
- Be current within the last 3 months (at the time of application submission)
- Account holder's name must be the financial sponsor on the Statement of Financial Support
- Financial guaranty in an official bank statement, or letter from bank written on bank stationary.
5. Tuberculosis (TB) results (skin test) must be within the last 2 years and completed by a health clinic, doctor's office of the Cerritos College Student Health Services (walk-ins welcome).
6. Proof of Secondary/High School completion: All applicants must show proof of secondary/high school completion by submitting an official diploma and transcripts. Proof must meet the following criteria:
- An official certified English translation must be submitted together with the official transcript(s) and diploma(s) if language is other than English. For a list of approved foreign credentials evaluation services, please visit naces.org.
- Submit all current and previous college(s) attended.
7. Clear and complete copies of the following documents:
- Identity page of a valid passport.
- I-94 (if applicable)
- All I-20s issued from previous and current colleges/language schools.
8. Transfer Authorization Form: A completed transfer authorization form must be submitted to the applicant's current college /school of attendance. For applicants out of status or need reinstatement, please inquire directly to the Office of International Student Services for further instructions.
Once you have been accepted to Cerritos College, you will receive an acceptance letter via email with instructions for your next steps. We look forward to having you join our closed-knit community and being part of our falcon family. GO FALCONS!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of International Student Services by phone, email, or in person. The contact information for our office is conveniently located on the left side menu.