Live Scan Services
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The Police Department charges a $25 dollar rolling fee for Live Scan services. Other fees such as DOJ and FBI charges can vary, depending on the agency you are being fingerprinted for. Only after reviewing your application can we give you an exact quote.
WHAT DO I NEED TO GET FINGERPRINTED?
You should have received a "Request for Live Scan" form from the department/agency who is requiring you to be fingerprinted. This form should be completed prior to your arrival.
Primary and Secondary Forms of Identification Accepted
Acceptable primary forms of photo identification include any of the following:
- California Driver's License
- Department of Motor Vehicles Identification Card
- Out-of-state driver's license
In the absence of a primary form of identification, one or more of the following secondary forms of identification may be accepted, but only with two supplemental documents(refer to "Supplemental Documents" at the bottom of this section):
- State government-issued Certificate of Birth
- U.S. Active Duty/Retiree/Reservist Military Identification Card (000 10-2)
- U.S. Passport
- Federal government Personal Identity Verification Card (PIV)
- Department of Defense Common Access Card
- U.S. Tribal or Bureau of Indian Affairs Identification Card
- Social Security Card
- Court Order for Name Change/Gender Change/Adoption/Divorce
- Marriage Certificate (Government-issued certificate)
- U.S. Government issued Consular Report of Birth Abroad 3
- Foreign Passport with appropriate immigration document(s)
- Certificate of Citizenship (N560)
- Certificate of Naturalization (N550)
- INS I-551 Resident Alien Card issued since 1997
- INS I-688 Temporary Resident Identification Card
- INS I-688B, I-766 Employment Authorization Card
To validate the authenticity of secondary identification documents and forms, the data and information need to be supported by at least two of the following supplemental documents:
- Utility bill (address)
- Jurisdictional voter registration card
- Vehicle registration card/title
- Paycheck stub with name/address
- Spouse/parent affidavit
- Cancelled check or bank statement
- Mortgage documents
If the supplemental documentation does not support the validation of the original identification documents, staff will not accept the original identification as valid and the applicant will not be fingerprinted.
HOW CAN I PAY?
Only credit cards and money orders are accepted. No cash or personal checks.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
The fingerprinting process itself only takes a few minutes. However, because we operate on a first-come, first-served basis, the wait depends on how busy we are. When possible, you may want to call to check current wait times.
WHAT IF I NEED THE OLD-FASHIONED INK CARD?
We also provide traditional ink fingerprinting. The charge is $15 for the first card and $15 each additional card completed in the same visit. You must supply the fingerprint cards.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
The Campus Police department is located on the south side of the Cerritos College campus, 11090 New Falcon Way, Cerritos CA 90703 (campus map). Free parking is available for Live Scan customers. Please park in the green stalls in front of the police station.