PAYING A CITATION
The violation and penalty are indicated on the front of your citation. Citations may be paid:
Mail the citation and payment made by check or money order, payable to CERRITOS COLLEGE CITATION SERVICE CENTER to:
CERRITOS COMMUNITY COLLEGE
c/o Parking Citation Service Center
P.O. Box 11923
Santa Ana, CA 92711-1923
Please write the citation number and vehicle license number on your check. Do Not Send Cash.
Citations may be paid by credit card by going to www.paymycite.com
Citations may be paid by credit card by calling 1-800-535-2421
CONTESTING A CITATION
If you believe a parking citation was issued in error or that extenuating circumstances exist justifying dismissal, you have the right to request an initial review of the citation. The review process is set up in accordance with Section 40215 of the California Vehicle Code. To assist you in the appeal process, the Department has a "Parking Citation Appeal Form" which you can download or pick up at the Campus Police station.
Requests for initial review of a parking citation must be made within 21 calendar days from the issuance of the parking citation or 14 calendar days from the mailing of a notice of delinquent parking violation. Requests for initial review must be submitted to the Campus Police Department at:
CERRITOS COLLEGE POLICE DEPARTMENT
11110 ALONDRA BLVD.
NORWALK, CA 90650
The Department will notify the person contesting the citation of the results of the initial review in writing via U.S. mail. In the event that the contesting party is dissatisfied with the results of the initial review, he/she may request an Administrative Hearing. Procedures for requesting an Administrative Hearing will be included in the letter containing the results of the initial review. The request for an Administrative Hearing must be made within 21 calendar days following the mailing of the results of the initial review.
Parking Citation Payment Plan
Reference: California Assembly Bill No. 503 (Chapter 741)
A registered owner (CVC 460, 505) or person responsible for vehicle citations received on Cerritos Community College District property shall be eligible to enroll in a payment plan when they have two or more unpaid parking citations or a single citation of at least $250. Citations from another agency cannot be combined for a payment plan.
- Once this threshold is met, any citations associated with this vehicle, registered owner, or person responsible may be added to the payment plan, at the time of enrollment. (Citations in a payment plan must all be issued by the same agency)
- If additional citations are accrued during the payment plan period, the plan may not be modified to include these citations, nor will a concurrent payment plan be offered.
- Citations in a payment plan will not count towards immobilization/tow/impound eligibility pursuant to CVC 22651(i)(l).
- Once a vehicle is immobilized/towed/impounded due to other violations, all citations, including those on a payment plan, are immediately due pursuant to CVC 22651(i)(l)(C).
- If an individual requires continued access to parking on campus, the purchase of a parking permit will be required.
The fee to enroll in a payment plan is $25
Applied late fees, as well as any late fees not yet applied, will be placed in abeyance while the payment plan is in place. If the individual adheres to the plan terms, these late fees will be waived once the payment plan is complete.
- If an individual defaults on the payment plan, a subsequent payment plan will not
be offered for those citations and any late fees placed in abeyance will be immediately
reinstated. The total amount due, including all late fees, will be submitted to the
appropriate Department of Motor Vehicles for a Registration hold on the vehicle.
Once the payment plan is in place and the individual is adhering to its terms, an itemization of unpaid parking penalties and service fees will not be filed with the DMV (also known as a "DMV Registration Hold") and any DMV Registration Hold in place will be temporarily removed pending satisfactorily completing the payment plan.
At plan enrollment, an initial payment of 10% of the amount owed (This 10% goes toward the total amount due), plus the $25 enrollment fee (This fee does not go toward the amount due), is required. There is no penalty for prepayment.
Payments must be made each calendar month.
- There is no grace period for late payments.
- For mailed payments, a postmark is acceptable to meet this requirement.
Payment plan duration
- For balances under $200, payment plans may not exceed four months.
- For balances between $200 and $400, payment plans may not exceed six months.
- For balances over $400, payment plans may not exceed nine months.
How do I enroll in a payment plan?
- The enrollment procedure can be found on line at https://www.paymycite.com/cerritoscollege or by calling (888) 242-3386