Spring 2019 Speaker Series: A Falcon's Guide to Wellness
The Spring 2019 Speaker Series: A Falcon’s Guide to Wellness was aimed to empower employees to grow personally and professionally. The workshops were led by Dr. Fierro and Vince Vizcarra (Instructional Lab Assistant).
WELLNESS - THE FALCON WAY
Friday, February 22, 2019
- Learn the 8 Dimensions of Wellness.
- Learn the importance of a routine and how to develop one.
- 21 Day Be Better Challenge. Take action and start a new simple routine/habit.
NUTRITION AND RECOVERY
Friday, March 8, 2019
- Learn what triggers your stress and healthy coping strategies for stress management.
- 21 Day Be Better Challenge. Start a new stress management routine/habit.
- Use It or Lose It
- 10 Must Do Stretches
- Importance of Nutrition and Recovery
- 21 Day Be Better Challenge - Healthy Meals and Recovery
- Lies, Damn Lies & Statistics by Robb Wolf - Wired to Eat Chapter
Guest Speaker: Cerritos College Psychologist Dr. Humberto Hernandez
Friday, March 15, 2019
- Learn the importance of nutrition and recovery in achieving health and wellness.
- Learn strategies for better sleep.
- Learn the top 10 common nutrition mistakes, and diet deficiencies.
- 21 Day Be Better Challenge. Start a new nutrition or recovery routine/habit.
- Stress Management Tips
- Neck Stretches
- 21 Day Be Better Challenge - Stress Management
PERSONAL FINANCE MANAGEMENT
Guest Speaker: Cerritos College Alumni and Cerritos College Foundation Board Member Nazih Yehya
Friday, April 5, 2019
- Learn financial strategies to build an investment profile.
- 21 Day Be Better Challenge. Start a new cost cutting or saving routine/habit.
- Cerritos College Get Fit
- Personal Finance Management
- Financial Strategies
- 21 Day Be Better Challenge - Personal Finance Management
Friday, April 26, 2019
- Create a SMART fitness goal or one for each dimension of wellness.