How to Become a Tutor
The Success Center is looking for friendly and qualified tutors for the following positions:
Success Mentor (Job Description)
If you meet the minimum qualifications shown below and have a desire to help fellow students succeed, the Success Center needs you! To apply to be a tutor:
1. Please download the application, as well as the Supplemental Application Form.
2. Obtain a copy of all unofficial transcripts
3. Submit completed paperwork and transcripts via email to email@example.com
In order to tutor in the Success Center, applicants must meet the following
- Minimum of one year (24 units) of coursework at any college or university.
- Must have recent tutoring experience as a college/university employee or completion of the courses for which candidate will tutor within the past year.
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 in the discipline AND a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or faculty recommendation.
- For math applicants: Must have completed Math 114, 115 or 116.
- For English applicants: Must have completed English 100
- If you are offered a tutoring position, please be aware that a TB test clearance is required for employment at the cost of the applicant.
- Upon employment, tutors are required to successfully complete the first level of Tutor Training concurrent with the first semester of employment.
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org