How to Become a Tutor
The Success Center is looking for friendly and qualified tutors for the following positions:
If you meet the minimum qualifications shown below and have a desire to help fellow students succeed, the Success Center needs you! To apply to be a tutor:
In order to tutor in the Success Center, applicants must meet the following
- Minimum of one year (24 units) of coursework at any college or university.
- Completion of the courses for which candidate will tutor within the past year,
- Recent tutoring experience as a college/ university employee.
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 in the discipline plus a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- A recommendation from a Cerritos College instructor within the discipline in which you will tutor.
- For math applicants: Must have completed any ONE of the following math courses
- Math 114
- Math 115
- Math 116
- For English applicants: Must have completed English 100
- For applicants within another discipline: Must have completed the course for which you will be tutoring.
- If you are offered a tutoring position, please be aware that a TB test clearance is required for employment at the cost of the applicant.
- Upon employment, tutors are required to successfully complete the first level of Tutor Training concurrent with the first semester of employment.
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Rodriguez at email@example.com