How to Become a Tutor
The Success Center is looking for friendly and qualified tutors!
If you meet the minimum qualifications shown below and have a desire to help fellow students succeed, the Success Center needs you! To apply to be a tutor, you can download the application, as well as theSupplemental Application Form. Submit completed paperwork to the Success Center or if you would like to pick up a printed copy of the application, you may do that as well. You must also submit a copy of all unofficial transcripts with your application.
The Success Center is the first stop for all tutor applicants, regardless of discipline and is located on the lower level of the west wing of the Library & LRC in Room LC 137
In order to tutor in the Success Center, applicants must meet the following
- Minimum of one year (24 units) of coursework at any college or university.
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 in the discipline AND a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or faculty recommendation.
- For math applicants: Must have completed Math 114, 115 or 116.
- For English applicants: Must have completed English 100
- If you are offered a tutoring position, please be aware that a TB test clearance is required for employment at the cost of the applicant.
- Upon employment, tutors are required to successfully complete the first level of Tutor Training concurrent with the first semester of employment.
If you have any questions, please contact Michelle Rodriguez at (562) 860-2451. extension
2407 or via emails at firstname.lastname@example.org