Success Center Mission Statement, Goals, and Vision
Promoting academic success through a collaborative environment that emphasizes personal responsibility
The Cerritos College Success Center guides students to the completion of their academic goals by creating an accessible, responsive, constructive, learner-centered space for students to become active, independent, and confident learners. Meeting students
where they are as learners, the Center promotes success by supporting the development of academic skills and strategies, personal responsibility, and an understanding of both college culture and effective decision making. The Success Center supports instructional objectives of the faculty and advances the educational and retention efforts of Cerritos College in a coordinated effort to support student success.
The goals of the Success Center are to:
- Foster an open and responsive environment that encourages faculty and students to take an active interest and role in student success.
- Develop in each student the skills, attitudes, and beliefs necessary to foster an understanding of the process of learning to achieve academic, career, and life goals.
- Emphasize the process of learning in all disciplines
- Work collaboratively with the campus community to promote student persistence and successful completion of the students' educational goals.
- Provide a variety of universally designed instructional approaches appropriate for different skill levels and learning styles and characterized by an appreciation of individual differences.
- Assess the effectiveness of the Success Center and evolve in response to student need.
The Success Center is guided by our core values of:
- Offering free or low cost, widely accessible support to all students.
- Providing a learner-centered environment and network of academic support services.
- Encouraging personal responsibility for learning.
- Promoting open lines of communication and understanding between students, faculty, and staff.
- Assessing effectiveness as a means to continually improve services.
Reviewed & Revised, March 2012