Emergency Aid Request
Emergency aid assists students in meeting financial needs as a result of an unexpected event or emergency. The purpose of this program is to assist students in staying enrolled in college and progressing toward graduation. The Falcon's Nest will explore a variety of resources available to students through on and off campus referrals. Financial Wellness is also important to the Falcon's Nest. Upon a student's request for emergency aid, we will review and a create budget for students to follow throughout their academic journey.
Due to the very high volume of requests you May be contacted in approximately 2-3 weeks regarding the status of your request after submission.
EMERGENCY AID FACTS
- The Falcon's Nest will explore a variety of resources available to students through on and off campus referrals. Including but not limited to; Jovenes INC, United Way, CalFresh, and HEERF Funding.
- After submitting a Falcon's Nest Referral form a staff member will contact you to set up a one-on-one meeting. It is important to schedule a meeting with the staff as soon as possible, to expedite the wait time of receiving emergency assistance.
- Students may receive HEERF Funding emergency financial assistance of up to $500. This is a lifetime maximum per student.
- HEERF Funding emergency assistance requests may be denied, partially funded, or fully funded (max $500).
- HEERF Funding emergency assistance is limited and will only be available during limited times throughout the semester.
- Applicants MUST submit supporting documentation, examples are a copy of a specific bill, a repair quote, rental notice or lease, etc.
- Due to the very high volume of requests you will be contacted in approximately 2-3 weeks regarding the status of your request after submission. Requests for Emergency Aid with all supporting documentation attached will be reviewed and approved more quickly. We understand your request is urgent, and will contact you sooner if possible.
Types of requests that will not be considered:
- Fees for other colleges
- Fees for parking tickets, moving violations, traffic school, or expenses related to violation of regulations/laws
- General credit card debt – request needs to be tied to a specific unexpected or emergency cost, and itemized.
FALCON'S NEST REFERRAL FORM
Be prepared to answer the following questions on the form, in order to describe your need. To expedite review of your request, be sure to answer the questions fully and attach specific supporting documentation:
- Describe the specific unexpected financial emergency that has arisen.
- State in specific detail what exact expense you are seeking aid to cover. Supporting documentation must be attached to this form for the expense you describe.
- If applicable, please include specific deadlines or timelines.