Requesting IRB Approval
Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Institutional Review Board (IRB) is a committee made up of members and non-members from Cerritos College who review proposed research requests involving data or human subjects such as students, faculty, and staff to protect their rights and welfare.
The Institutional Review Board Committee follows the principles and guidelines outlined in The Belmont Report that was written by the National Commission for the Protection of Human Subjects of Biomedical and Behavioral Research on April 18, 1979 for the protection of human subjects of research. The three basic ethical principles are respect for persons, beneficence, and justice. The application of these principles includes informed consent, assessment of risk and benefits, and selection of subjects.
The Institutional Review Board Committee receives the proposed research request from the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, Planning & Grants (IERPG) after it has gathered the request and information necessary for the board to review, approve, or deny the request.
In order to conduct research involving data or human subjects at Cerritos College, you must be approved by the College’s IRB by submitting the IRB Application and all relevant PDF documents involving the request to IERPG.
If you are considering conducting human subjects research, please do the following:
- Download the application form and fill it out
- Submit the completed application and pertinent documents to the IERPG Office at email@example.com.
- March 3, 2023 (Deadline to submit application is February 17, 2023)
- April 21, 2023 (Deadline to submit application is April 7, 2023)
Note: if you do not meet the submission deadline, your application will be reviewed at the next scheduled meeting.
Institutional Review Board Members
- Dr. Amber Hroch - Member (IRB Chair, Dean IERPG)
- Anne Contreras - Member (Faculty, Dental Assisting Program)
- Dr. Amy Holzgang - Member (Faculty, Sociology)
- Dr. Jaclyn Ronquillo - Member (Faculty, Psychology)
- Dr. Elizabeth Riley - Member (Dean, Health Occupations)
- Dr. Michael K. Allen - Member (Interim Dean, Business, Humanities, and Social Sciences)
- Dr. Nick Real - Member (Dean, Technology)
- Jennifer Holmgren - Outside Member (Director Planning, Long Beach Community College)
- Vanessa Rodriguez - (Administrative Support, IERPG)
Research approved by Cerritos College's IRB (00013610) complies with the Common Rule, 45 CFR 46.111 and 21 CFR 56.111.