Visit our COVID-19 information page for more details.

Re-entry Student

Re-entry student. Near the science building


You are a re-entry student if you are 25 years or older or may have a 3-5 year gap in your education. Visit Re-Entry Resource Program for more information.

You may qualify for a program, which offers earlier enrollment for first-time college students--Early Success Program. Just complete admissions, assessment, and orientation/counseling by the specified deadline for an earlier enrollment date.


Complete the admission's application by applying online (proof of residence may be required). We recommend having official high school/college transcripts sent directly to Cerritos College Admissions and Records or submit them to a counselor.

Please visit Admissions Criteria to check your eligibility for admission. If you are undocumented, you may attend Cerritos College and pay in-state tuition if you qualify for AB-540

Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Access the 4 Easy Steps to Cash to apply. If you are not a citizen and qualify for AB 540 status, submit a Dream Act Application.

Apply by March 2 to be considered for Cal Grant B & C.


Once you have completed your application for admission, you need to schedule an appointment with a counselor to develop an educational plan and determine the appropriate course(s) selection for your program of study.

Stand-by (Walk-in) counseling is also available. Bring high school/college transcripts, placement test results, and/or other documentation verifying completed coursework when you meet with a counselor. If you need to complete the Self-Report Tool, you will be informed.


The Self-Report Tool (SRT) provides students with the opportunity to place into English, reading, math or ESL (English as a Second Language) courses based on their United States high school records. There are two SRTs: one for English/reading/ESL and one for math.

Please visit the Assessment Center for more information, and here is the Self-Report Tool Schedule.


You may attend an in-person or online orientation. There are two ways to make an appointment, by phone or online.

1.   Phone: You may call the Counseling Department at 562.467.5231 and schedule an Orientation Workshop that works with your schedule.

2.   Online: You may go online by visiting New Student Orientation to select the in-person workshop that is most convenient for you.

If you cannot attend an Orientation in person, you can participate in the Online Orientation.


After receiving your enrollment appointment through MyCerritos, you may enroll online at MyCerritos on or after your scheduled time.

Be sure to pay all fees. Students who receive financial aid must follow the same fee schedule when paying lab fees, Cerritos College Student Activities (CCSA) fee, and the Health fee. Failure to pay your fees on time will result in being dropped and/or waitlisted.


After getting settled into your first semester, meet with a counselor every semester. Counselors are available to assist you with your educational planning year-round. Join Cerritos College counselors in an Educational Planning Workshop. You are strongly encouraged to make an appointment with a counselor, mid-semester, to ensure that your educational plan accurately reflects your career goal. The appointments are 30-60 minutes in duration. Counseling appointments are designed to help you create your own personal education plan identifying the classes you need to take in the next 2 to 3 semesters.

That's all there is to it. Congratulations!
Welcome to Cerritos College!

If you need accommodations with any of these activities due to a disability, please visit Disabled Student Programs & Services (DSPS) or contact them at 562.860.2451, Ext. 2335.

Stay Connected

Site Map | Accreditation | Disclaimer | Report a Website Issue | Document Readers | Safety Reporting | Consumer Information
Last Update: 7/16/2019