Have you considered a career at NASA?
Don't think it is for you? Did you know that NASA hires all types of majors? NASA needs you!
Have you heard of the NASA Community College Aerospace Scholars (NCAS) program? It is a national program run by NASA strictly for Community College students and it is an excellent way to get your foot in the door! We are bringing this opportunity to YOU at Cerritos College!
- THERE IS NO MINIMUM GPA REQUIREMENT.
- ALL MAJORS ARE WELCOME (and needed! Yes, that includes YOURS!)
Here's what you need to know:
The NCAS opportunity pathway:
- Mission 1B: Discover (online course). (Jan 9 - Feb 3, 2023) This online class is 5 weeks long, but only requires about 20 hours. Students learn about NASA missions and research. (It is self-paced, so you can do it all at once or spread it out.) During the 5 weeks, there are webinars with NASA personnel that you can participate in! Application period: 11/1/2022 - 12/9/2022 via NASA STEM Gateway
- Mission 2: Explore. (April-May, 2023) Successful students from Mission 1 will be invited to participate in a one-week virtual NASA career simulation or mission planning simulation.
- Mission 3: Innovate. (summer 2023, dates TBA) Successful students from Mission 2 will be invited to a 4-day in-person experience!
- There is the possibility of continuation to Mission 4: Capstone. NASA is still working on those details.
- High school graduate or equivalent and at least 18 years of age
- US Citizen
- Registered at a U.S. community college during the semester of the team experience
- Concurrent enrollment or completion of 9+ hours (units) of STEM coursework. If you aren't sure if your class counts, please ask! (They can be very liberal.)
- Able to commit to a 5-week online session
- Internet access
Learn more about NCAS:
If you have questions about NCAS please email Janet McLarty-Schroeder.
Visit the Physics/Astronomy/Engineering Department website to learn about our program