Request Certification of Benefits
This form should be used for the following requests:
- New Students using GI Bill Benefits: please ensure you have an Educational Plan from one of our VRC counselors on file,
and be prepared to upload the following documents:
- Certificate of Eligibility (for chapter 35 students, please also be prepared to supply the SSN of the veteran)
- Copy of your DD214 member 4 form (veterans only)
- Copy your current class schedule (remember that you must be enrolled in classes, not
waitlisted, for us to certify!)
- Continuing Students using GI Bill Benefits: please ensure your Educational Plan is up-to-date for the semester you are requesting
certification for. Students must submit this request form every semester they wish to use their benefits.
- Please also upload a copy of your current class schedule (remember that you must be
enrolled in classes, not waitlisted, for us to certify!)
- Please also upload a copy of your current class schedule (remember that you must be enrolled in classes, not waitlisted, for us to certify!)
- Change in Class Schedule: choose this option when you have changed your class schedule; this includes adding/dropping
a course or completely withdrawing. Remember, you are responsible for reporting changes
in your schedule to the VRC as soon as possible.
- Student Veteran Requesting Priority Registration: select this option if you are a veteran who would like to be eligible for priority registration but will not be using GI
- Be prepared to upload a copy of your DD214 member 4 form.
*Note that this form will time out after 45 minutes; you can save your work and return to the form to complete/upload your documents as necessary. You must be signed into your student SSO to access this form.
** If you have any issues with this form or questions on how to submit, please email your questions to VRC@cerritos.edu
*Please allow 2 weeks for certification and requests to be processed; during peak enrollment periods, this could be up to 3 weeks*