Did You Know
According to the CDC:
- Tobacco is the leading cause of preventable and premature death, accounting for an estimated 480,000 American deaths in the United States each year, or one out of every five deaths.
- There has been an Outbreak of Lung Injury Associated with the Use of E-Cigarette, or Vaping, Products
There is a statewide student-led coalition to adopt a 100% tobacco, vape &smoke-free policy
- Video: Five reasons campuses are adopting a new tobacco-free polic
- Leadership from each of California’s three public systems of higher education have
stated that all campuses within their systems should adopt 100% smoke and tobacco-free
- Read Chancellor Oakley’s memo for 100% Smoke & Tobacco Free CCC Resolution
- Chancellor White sent this executive order in April, 2017 requiring all CSU campuses to adopt 100% tobacco-free policies that year.
- President Yudof required all UC campuses to adopt and implement 100% smoke and tobacco-free policies by January, 2014.
- See how the Cerritos College policy compares to other school districts in Region 8.