Updates on TeleHealth Services and Phone Triage
Students interested in making an appointment for mental health therapy via Zoom can call our office at (562) 860-2451 Ext. 2321 (Press option 3).
Free & anonymous Mental Health Screen tool.
Student Health Psychological Services offers free and confidential brief therapy to currently enrolled Cerritos College students. We strive to support student learning and development by building upon the inner strength and resources our students possess. In brief therapy, students can address their emotional distress in a safe environment where they can explore possible solutions to their presenting concerns. Urgent Care hours are also offered to students in situations that require more immediate attention.
In addition to brief therapy, Student Health offers outreach to promote mental health awareness and primary prevention.
Our counseling staff consists currently of a licensed psychologist, marriage and family therapist interns, and doctoral practicum therapists. Doctoral practicum therapists work under the license of a licensed psychologist. Marriage and family therapist interns have completed their graduate coursework and work under the supervision of a licensed mental health clinician.
Student Health is located between Old Falcon Way and the Physical Education building.
Hours of Operation
Student Health is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
*Please call Student Health at 562-860-2451 Ext. 2321 (press option 3) for summer hours.
How to Schedule an Appointment
- Currently enrolled Cerritos College students are welcome to visit or call Student Health to schedule an initial appointment at (562) 860-2451 Ext. 2321 (press option 3).
- An initial appointment is an information gathering session where the therapist and you can make a determination as to how to assist you in your brief therapy goals.
If your situation requires immediate attention, Student Health offers same-day care appointments.
What to Expect During Your First Appointment
- Please arrive approximately 20 minutes prior to your scheduled initial appointment to review and complete paperwork.
- The initial appointment session lasts approximately 90 minutes, which includes the 30 minutes of incoming documentation prior to your appointment time.
- During your initial visit, the therapist will listen to your concerns and help you identify an appropriate treatment plan. This treatment plan may include brief therapy at Student Health or external referrals to mental health providers.
Arriving more than 15 minutes late may result in a briefer initial appointment or the need to reschedule your appointment. If possible, please call Student Health within 24 hours if you do need to reschedule your initial appointment.
Please call Student Health at (562) 860-2451 Ext. 2321 (press option 3) if you have any questions or concerns about the initial appointment.