Frequently Asked Questions
The California Community Colleges CalWORKs Program is a state funded program that assists current welfare recipients in achieving long-term self-sufficiency through the attainment of higher education.
At Cerritos College, the CalWORKs Program focuses on providing CalWORKs students with special support services in order to assist with educational and career planning, as well as, insuring compliance with the Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) welfare-to-work requirements. We are here for you every step of the way. Our highly-skilled staff will help you in every way possible toward meeting your career and educational goals.
- Counseling services
- Assistance with completion of county required forms
- New Student Orientations
- Processing of Education Materials (books and supplies) request for reimbursements or advances.
- Work-study opportunities for eligible students
- Priority registration
- Welfare-To-Work plan
- Gn6006 (GN6013-14)
- Cerritos College CalWORKs In-house: Agency Certification
www.cerritos.edu/calworks. you can also call us at (562) 860-2451 ext. 2593 to obtain more information.
- While you are in an approved SIP, or
- While you are in education, training or any other activity as part of your welfare-to-work plan, or
- Whole finishing the quarter or semester in a SIP which cannot be approved, or
- If you need it as "post-employment" services.
Generally this means a bus pass. You can get payment for car mileage if
- No bus service is available, or
- The takes longer that one hour each way.