Educational Materials Workshop allows students to request a reimbursement or an advancement on educational fees, books and supplies from the county.
if you are a los angeles/orange county participant
Educational Materials Workshop (Ancillary Request/Reimbursement)
For options 2 & 3. You are required to submit:
1. Book(s) shopping list (cart-view for taxes and fees) - from the book store or wherever
you will be purchasing them from.
2. School fees (for example, ASCC, Health, etc.) - from MyCerritos Fees Page
3. Your class syllabus (for all classes enrolled)
4. Special items specific to your course (for example, cosmetology kit, culinary kit, etc.)
5. Your class schedule - for the semester you are requesting - list view only no weekly view and MUST show you are enrolled, NOT waitlisted.
*Keep in mind, for basic supplies (pens, paper, folders, etc) the county does not pay the $60 allowance for summer, that is only given during the Fall and Spring semesters. For summer it requires an itemized receipt of all purchased items.
*If you need to request, a laptop, printer ink, web camera, etc. This requires a letter of support from a counselor and you need to have an over the phone appointment made with a counselor.