Admission Eligibility Criteria for EOPS
- Be a California resident or AB 540 eligible
- Be enrolled full-time (12 or more units) when accepted into the program,
- Not have completed more than 40 units (from all colleges/universities),
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application, and be eligible for the California College Promise Grant (previously the Board of Governors Fee Waiver) under method A or B,
- Be educationally disadvantaged, which includes one of the following factors:
- Not qualified at the college of attendance for enrollment into the minimum level English or Mathematics course that is applicable to the associate degree.
- Not have graduated from high school or obtained the General Education Diploma (GED)
- Graduated from high school with a grade point average below 2.50
- Been previously enrolled in remedial education
- Is a first generation college student
- Is a member of a underrepresented group residing in the immediate service area
- The primary language in the home is/was non-English
- Is a current or former foster youth
If you think you meet this eligibility, please call us at 562-860-2451 ext. 2398 to enroll in one of the upcoming orientation dates.