All applicants (all program options, except Options D and F) are required to pass the ATI TEAS Diagnostic Assessment Test (basic Math, English, Reading, and Science) prior to admission to the program with 62% or higher score. Applicants are highly encouraged to have their TEAS Exam completed and score attached to their application upon submission of their application in the nursing office. TEAS scores are not only required for eligibility, the score itself will be allocated points in the MultiSelective Criterion Process (Option A only). Therefore, students are encouraged to study hard and to do their best on the examination in order to obtain the highest number of points.
SPRING 2020 TEAS TESTING DATES ON CERRITOS COLLEGE CAMPUS:
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 21st Session One: 9am - 12noon OR Session Two: 2pm - 5pm
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24th Session One: 5pm - 8pm
If you are an applicant for the Cerritos College Nursing Program for the 2020 application cycle and have completed all required prerequisite coursework, have attended a Transcript Evaluation Workshop with counseling, and intend on submitting your application by the March 2020 deadline, you may complete your TEAS test at one of these above sessions. Sessions will fill on a "first email, first serve" basis. You may sign up beginning Monday, February 3rd, by emailing email@example.com. In the email, please provide:
1) Full Name, 2) Student ID#, and 3) Date and Session desired.
* Please Note: These testing sessions are for students who have NOT taken the TEAS test prior and need to complete the TEAS test in order to complete their application for Cerritos' 2020 application. If you have already taken the TEAS Exam and have passed, and you are re-taking the TEAS to improve your score, this session is not for you. If you have already taken the TEAS test and have not passed, and it has not been at least 365 days since your last exam, you are not eligible to test in these sessions.
Students can go to the ATI website to view locations in their community area offering the TEAS examination.
The Cerritos College Nursing Program will conduct a TEAS testing session once a year; however, this session will have limited spaces available and will be limited to only qualified, prospective candidates who are ready to apply to the nursing program. Once the date is advertised, there will be 120 testing spots available and students will need to RSVP to guarantee their testing spot. In order to hold the testing spot, the student needs to show verification of a Transcript Evaluation from a nursing counselor on the testing date and be fully prepared to turn in their completed application, unopened transcripts, and supporting documents ON THE DAY OF TESTING.
(The nursing program also takes the HESI exam at 70% or higher). The nursing program does not test the HESI exam on our campus.
Students who test on our campus with our nursing department and who do not meet the benchmark score of 62% or higher, will/can be eligible to complete a remediation program on our campus, devised and supervised by the Director of Nursing. The remediation process may include additional coursework, workshops, and tutorials to improve on areas of deficiency. Upon successful completion of the remediation program, the student will be eligible to retake the TEAS Exam. *Remediation options are only for students who test at our campus. Further information regarding this remediation will be provided IF you do not meet the 62% benchmark.
1) Once you take ATI TEAS and pass, you must wait at least 365 days before re-testing to improve your score. Once you retest, the most recent score will be taken and accepted.
2) If you do not pass the ATI TEAS on your first attempt, you may:
a) Remediate with school who tested you and then re-test within one year (after your remediation has been completed) OR
b) Wait at least 365 days and re-test.
*Note: TEAS results are accepted within 365 days from a previous attempt ONLY if there is clear evidence of documented remediation completed with a college institution due to having failed the test.
3) If you have taken ATI TEAS as a second attempt (or more), and are not completing a remediation plan, then you will need to wait at least 365 days before you re-test. Retesting scores prior to 365 days (without proof of remediation) will not be accepted.
Please read the TEAS Guidelines and Regulations for full explanations and disclosures regarding the TEAS Exam.