Verify My Financial Aid
Now Available for 2020-2021 school year!
Submit your forms online any time!
What is Verify My Financial Aid?
This new, easy, mobile, personalized process makes everything about financial aid easier. With Verify My Financial Aid, you will be able to:
- Complete financial aid forms on your phone, tablet, or computer
- Securely upload documents from any device
- E-sign documents -- both you and your parents!
- Manage your financial aid tasks online
- Receive automated reminders about outstanding tasks and next steps
How to COMPLETE
FINANCIAL AID TASKS
What is Verification
Verification is the process used to confirm that the data reported on your FAFSA or Dream Act application is accurate. All documents must be submitted and approved in order to compete the verification process. You may be selected for verification by the Department of Education, California Student Aid Commission, or by the Financial Aid Office. It is important to complete all documents in a timely manner to avoid any delays in your financial aid.
How will you know if you have Pending Financial Aid Tasks
Check your To Do List to see if you have tasks assigned.
- You must submit all To Do List items in order to complete your Financial Aid file.
This is a one-time account creation. You’ll be asked for some basic information when creating your account. This information is used to validate your identity so that electronic signature can be used on future forms
- Log-in to your MyCerritos portal
- Click on "Student Center"
- Click on "Pending Financial Aid Task" on your To Do List.
- Create an account from the link on your To Do List.
Once you click on the link you can create an account.
Fill out the information:
Now that your ready to create your account.
- FAFSA Students: Verify that your name, birthdate,
and social security number match what you put on your FAFSA application.
- Dream Act Students: Verify that your name, birthdate,
and Dream Act ID number match what is on your
Dream Act application.
- Fill in all required fields to create your account
- Keep your user name and password for future use
Tip: Make sure you verify your email address in case you forget password.
Complete Financial Aid Tasks
- Once your account is created, any required tasks you need to complete will become
- When your task is completed a check mark will display next to each task.
Note: It is important to submit these required tasks in a timely manner to avoid any delays in your financial aid file. Once the Financial Aid Office reviews all required documentation and completes the verification process if required, the file will be completed.
Once you have completed all tasks "Click on the Green Finish" button.
Your Success, Our Top Priority
Providing the best student experience is important to us, and we heard your feedback loud and clear. You wanted to be able to complete FinAid processes on your own time, on the device of your preference. We’re proud to say that now you can. Contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any question.