- Assists the District in the development and implementation of the District’s Equal Employment Opportunity Plan which include: the Nondiscrimination Complaint Procedures and the District’s Equal Employment Opportunity Plan as governed by Title 5.
- Develops and implements College Diversity Plan.
- Reviews training procedures for participants and those serving as monitors on hiring selection committees and ensures that training is provided.
- Assists in promoting and supporting equal employment and nondiscrimination policies and procedures.
- Receives training by the Diversity Officer in all aspects of the EEO Plan.
- Reviews the District’s EEO and diversity recruiting efforts, programs, policies and progress at least quarterly.
- Makes appropriate recommendations, as necessary, to the Board of Trustees, the College
President, and the ice President of Human Resources/Assistant Superintendent regarding
diversity and equal employment opportunity
programs, policies, and procedures.
- Monitors trends and practices on issues within the committee’s scope and communicates them to the college.
- Partnering with Student Equity Committee to develop mission and not overlap.
- Recreating the diversity certificate program.
- Re-imagining the hiring/selection process.
- Provide training and professional development activities to employees to promote awareness and understanding. of diversity issues.
- Create and maintain diversity events to promote awareness and knowledge.
highlighted works and collaborations
2020:Equal Employment Opportunity Plan
Adopted by the Board: June 3, 2020
2017: Equal Employment Opportunity Plan
Adopted by the Board: May 3, 2017
2014:Equal Employment Opportunity Plan
Adopted by the Board: May 21, 2014
(Quorum is 5)
|Dr. Mercedes Gutierrez||Administration||-|
|Dr. Elizabeth Miller||ACCME||2019-2020; 2021-2022|
|Jaime Quiroz||ACCME||2021-2022; 2023-2024|
|Timothy Juntilla||Faculty Senate||2018-2019|
|Lydia Alvarez||Faculty Senate||2019-2020|
|Jayani Devkota||Student from ASCC||2019-2020|
Agenda and Minutes
In January 2020, Cerritos College transitioned to BoardDocs to distribute DEEOAC materials.
- 2018 - 2019 Academic Year
- 2017 - 2018 Academic Year
- 2016 - 2017 Academic Year
- 2015 - 2016 Academic Year
- 2014 - 2015 Academic Year
- 2013 - 2014 Academic Year
- 2012 - 2013 Academic Year
- 2011 - 2012 Academic Year
- 2010 - 2011 Academic Year
- 2009 - 2010 Academic Year
- 2008 - 2009 Academic Year
- 2007 - 2008 Academic Year
- 2006 - 2007 Academic Year