Academic Renewal allows students to change recorded sub-standard academic performance that does not show a student’s current ability. The permanent academic record will reflect a true and complete academic history.
- Academic Renewals are only granted once.
- A student may request to have up to 30 units of substandard course disregarded in the computation of grade point average.
- At least twenty-four (24) units of college work from an accredited institution with a 2.0 grade point completed after the 30 units of coursework.
- No alleviated course work shall apply toward degree requirements.
- Specify the course(s) to be considered under the Academic Renewal policy, Include the term the course work was attempted.
- Some four-year college and out-of-state community colleges do not honor Academic Renewal.
Petition for an Academic Renewal at Admissions & Records.