Student Programming Board
Applications for the 2020-2021 Student Programming Board are open.
Application Deadline: September 16, 2020 application closes at 11:59 pm
General Board Meetings for Fall 2020: Thursdays at 5 pm via Zoom
Student Programming Board Overview
The Student Programming Board (SPB) is a student group tasked to create events for the whole student body to enjoy. The events hosted by the SPB will promote a sense of community, and in turn, students will develop a sense of pride and belonging to the Cerritos College campus. All Cerritos College students are encouraged to apply to be part of the SPB for Fall 2020.
General Responsibilities for SPB Members:
All SPB Members are responsible for the following duties
- Dedicate about 5-10 hours a week, which would include: coordinating an event, event support, event attendance,mandatory weekly team meetings, and meetings with the Board Advisor.
- Encourage students to attend and participate in events created by SPB.
- Maintain records of all activities, including attendance, and financial expenses reports.
- Maintain strong relationships with various campus departments.
- Attend trainings, retreats, and leadership programs made available.
- Each member must maintain 2.0 GPA (semester and cumulative)
- Be enrolled in at least 3 units or more at Cerritos College
- Commit to the entire academic year
- Be able to attend mandatory fall training sessions and meetings
- Be in good standing with the Cerritos College
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to email Diana Madueno our Student Event Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Event Planning Areas and Training Topics
Event Planning Areas
Arts and Entertainment
Traditions and Spirit
Cultural and Heritage
Student Equity and Advocacy
Universal Accessible Events – DSPS
Assessment and Evaluation
Marketing and Branding
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Staff & Volunteer Management
Recruitment and Retention