Student Programming Board
Student Programming Board is a student led board that creates and coordinates events for the whole student body to enjoy. With the hope to promote a sense of community, to develop campus pride, and increase student involvement opportunities.
Application Deadline: September 9, 2022
General Board Meetings for Fall 2022:
General Responsibilities for SPB Members:
All SPB Members are responsible for the following duties
- Dedicate about 5-10 hours a week, which would include: coordinating an event, event support, event attendance,mandatory weekly team meetings, and meetings with the Board Advisor.
- Encourage students to attend and participate in events created by SPB.
- Maintain records of all activities, including attendance, and financial expenses reports.
- Maintain strong relationships with various campus departments.
- Attend trainings, retreats, and leadership programs made available.
- Each member must maintain 2.0 GPA (semester and cumulative)
- Be enrolled in at least 3 units or more at Cerritos College
- Commit to the entire academic year
- Be able to attend mandatory fall training sessions and meetings
- Be in good standing with the Cerritos College
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to email Esme Murillo our Student Event Specialist at email@example.com.
Secretary & Special Projects
This position will have the ability to chair the board and help keep the group together. This position will:
- Help prepare meeting agendas and minutes with the advisors help.
- Maintain the google drive with all documents.
- Empower strong relationships between Board members by organizing bi-weekly bonding times.
- Ensure that the Board's event schedule is up to date.
- Reinforce the board by being a helpful partner in their event planning brainstorms.
- Plan the Board's fall gathering and Year-End celebration.
Graphic Design Leads
These positions seek to engage students through meaningful designs on many different media platforms. These positions will:
- Design all Board promotional materials including fliers, posters, banners, t-shirts, and programs.
- Develop graphics for the monthly Student Life Calendar by working closely with professional staff.
- Work with the Public Relations board members and empower each other to brainstorm ways to reach out to the student body through responsible advertising.
- Assist in the creation of various Board office materials.
- Work with other Board Members to bring their event ideas for marketing and design to life.
These positions are responsible for reaching out to students and letting them know about all the events created by the Board. These positions will:
- Create and execute creative promotional campaigns for all of the student programming board events.
- Utilize and maintain social media to connect with students.
- Utilize traditional forms of marketing and advertising.
- Responsible for posting posters, passing out flyers, promoting events.
- Responsible for taking down flyers and putting away A-frames.
- Maintain relationships with different departments on campus, including Student Government.
- Coordinate "Thank You" notes and other acknowledgments of appreciation.
- Take photographs and videos at events to post to social media and for archiving purposes.
Core and Special Events
These positions are responsible for the small and large-scale events produced by the Board.
- Create and design small- and large-scale events such as Let’s Talk Series, Art Corner, Self-Care, Game Nights... Etc.
- Keep a budget for each event.
- Engage other members by providing leadership, guidance, and direction and utilize each team member's strengths to complete an event.
- Collaborate with other departments in developing traditional events that show case the Cerritos College community.
Arts and Entertainment
Traditions and Spirit
Cultural and Heritage
Student Equity and Advocacy
Universal Accessible Events – SAS
Assessment and Evaluation
Marketing and Branding
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Staff & Volunteer Management
Recruitment and Retention