Student Programming Board
Student Programming Board Overview
The Student Programming Board (SPB) is a student group tasked to create events for the whole student body to enjoy. The events hosted by the SPB will promote a sense of community, and in turn, students will develop a sense of pride and belonging to the Cerritos College campus. All Cerritos College students are encouraged to apply to be part of the SPB for Fall 2020.
Application Deadline: Applications are still open for 2020-2021
General Board Meetings for Fall 2020: Thursdays at 5 pm via Zoom
General Responsibilities for SPB Members:
All SPB Members are responsible for the following duties
- Dedicate about 5-10 hours a week, which would include: coordinating an event, event support, event attendance,mandatory weekly team meetings, and meetings with the Board Advisor.
- Encourage students to attend and participate in events created by SPB.
- Maintain records of all activities, including attendance, and financial expenses reports.
- Maintain strong relationships with various campus departments.
- Attend trainings, retreats, and leadership programs made available.
- Each member must maintain 2.0 GPA (semester and cumulative)
- Be enrolled in at least 3 units or more at Cerritos College
- Commit to the entire academic year
- Be able to attend mandatory fall training sessions and meetings
- Be in good standing with the Cerritos College
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to email Diana Madueno our Student Event Specialist at email@example.com .
Event Planning Areas and Training Topics
Event Planning Areas
Arts and Entertainment
Traditions and Spirit
Cultural and Heritage
Student Equity and Advocacy
Universal Accessible Events – SAS
Assessment and Evaluation
Marketing and Branding
Cultivating a Sense of Belonging
Staff & Volunteer Management
Recruitment and Retention