ASCC Student Government
GET INVOLVED AND JOIN STUDENT GOVERNMENT!
- Represent and be a voice for your fellow students
- Play a vital role in decision making for the campus
- Build a network of student leaders
- Collaborate with faculty, staff and administrators on campus
- Develop Parlimentary Procedure skills
- Gain leadership experience
- Practice public speaking
- Make life-long friends!
Branches You Can Serve In
- Serve as an advisor to the Student Body President
- Create and implement Campus Events
- Conduct Student Outreach
- Oversee the ASCC Budget
- Cabinet positions are appointed by the Student Body President
- Meets every Monday at 2pm in BK 111/112
- Serve as an advisor to the Chief Justice
- Help Interpret the ASCC Constitution and By-Laws
- Oversee the student body elections
- Associated Justices are appointed by the Student Body President
- Meets every Tuesday at 11am in BK 111/112
- Create initiatives through legislation that benefits students
- Actively discuss and debate proposals
- Approve requests of the Associated Students
- Amend and approve the ASCC Budget
- Senator seats are elected in the Fall semester
- Meets every Wednesday at 2pm in BK 111/112
Constitution of the associated students of cerritos college
Can't join student government, but want to make a difference? Join a campus committee today!
If you want to get involved but are unable to join one of the branches above, you might want to consider working with a campus wide committee. The Student Body President appoints students to several on-campus committees that meet throughout the year, at different days and times.
Requirements to be on a committee include:
- Minimum 2.00 GPA
- Must be currently enrolled in 5 or more units at Cerritos College
- Have the current semester CCSA sticker
- Must be a good standing student
For more information on student government or the different committees available, contact the Student Body President (562) 860-2451, ext. 2477 or at email@example.com .