English SLO Information
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) represent generally what students should learn in each of their classes, respectively. SLOs must be included in each instructor's class syllabi. Additionally, they can be found in course outlines of record.
Every semester, English department faculty should assess the SLOs for their courses on eLumen(Use Chrome). Courses that run only in the spring should be assessed in the spring. Each year, department faculty will evaluate SLO assessment results and develop action plans to improve student performance on specific SLOs.
For information on how to use eLumen for SLO assessment, please see SLO Training Videos.
All current CSLOs can be found on eLumen. To access them:
1. Log into eLumen(Use Chrome).
2. Click on "Curriculum."
3. Click on "Curriculum Library."
4. Select "Course."
5. Under "Department," choose "Select None."
6. Type ENGL into the "Department" field.
7. Click on "ENGL."
8. Type the course number into the "Course Code" field.
9. Check the box next to the course in the list.
10. Select "View COR Report."
11. Under "COR Report Options," select "Learning Outcomes and Objectives."
12. Go to the report and scroll down to the CSLOs.