Transferring to CSU
APPLICATION FILING PERIODS
- Please visit the Cerritos College Transfer Center for Filing Periods
- Visit the Transfer Center Website for Assistance with Applications
TO QUALIFY FOR TRANSFER:
Fall 2022 Transfer: Students must have satisfactorily completed the following by the end of Spring 2022.
Spring 2022 Transfer: Students must have satisfactorily completed the following by the end of Summer 2021.
- The ‘Golden 4’ Set of Classes:
1. Oral Communication
2. Written Communication
3. Critical Thinking
4. Transfer Level Math (appropriate for your major)
- 60 CSU Transferrable Units
- Major Preparation Classes
- CSULB Liberal Studies Majors must also have satisfactorily completed:
- HIST 102
- POL 101
- English Literature (i.e. ENGL 102)
- Important Reminder: Indicate if you will be earning an AA-T or an AS-T on your CSU application
Students are strongly encouraged to meet with a counselor every year, but even more so the year before they are intending to transfer. The counselor will review the student’s Education Plan and make any final adjustments needed, and will provide information for completing graduation and transfer paperwork.
- To Schedule a Teacher TRAC Counseling Appointment, please visit the Teacher TRAC Counseling Homepage for Directions on making a Virtual Counseling Appointment.